The Next Piece

It's been a long time since I've written a writer's blog, which is about two years to be exact. I've been waiting for a good moment to talk about an update on my writing projects, and what is next for my author journey. I have figured that now is a good time to update everyone who has followed me along my journey as an author. Before I give my update, I would like to reminisce about my past works, and how I have improved to be the author that I am today.  

When I first got into writing, I was around ten years old. I wrote fairy tales about fairies to be exact. They were centered around two main characters, who were younger girls based off of my best friend and me, living as fairies who had jobs and pets. I couldn't illustrate my books well, so I drew stick-figures instead. I wrote about my characters adopting dogs and horses, which were both animals that I wanted to have one day. 

I feel like the first series that I actually published, 'Trapped' was more for my younger self. It is two books chocked full of childish wonder, magic, and possibilities. I could make my characters have superpowers like I pretended to as a child. It has its errors here and there, but still, I could never forget the first e-book that kick-started my author journey when I was young.

'Center of the Storm', my next book, wasn't that far from superheroes, but a little more in-depth than those first books. It spoke a little more about romance, and caring for family, and still including that action and adventure part that I include in all of my writing. I felt like my transition from my first book to my second book made me grow up, and yet I didn't grow up too much where I left my passion for fantasy writing behind.

The next series that I am currently working on hasn't strayed far from my love of fantasy-fiction, as well as romance-action. I don't believe that I could ever write something other than what I love to write, as well as read. I feel as if it could be almost a childish sort of love of fantasy for my writing pieces, and yet I still can never stray away from it no matter what. I love the way that the mind can wander when creating stories in your mind, making up all sorts of fantastic things that can be in a fantasy-based book. Even as an adult, I feel as if I can create wonderful things in my imagination, and I don't have to be a child to do that. There's nothing wrong with a bit of action and romance as well. Romance has been somewhat of a newer genre that I've been wanting to dive deeper into. Even though I covered some romance in those first couple of books, I don't think I've actually opened myself up to a more romantic book than now. It may not feel like this new series has romance but don't worry, it will be there before you know it.

I've been considering publishing a hardcover book. It will be a long process to get there, but I'm hoping by the beginning of next year, I will have a hardcover book out. I'm beginning to see all of the different ways I can improve as an author, and I am very excited to show my next steps to all of the people who have been with me since I published my first book when I was younger. 

Thank you to my brother, Henry, who was my original test subject in reading my books before I made them into e-books. Thank you to my mom, who has been my editor since I started writing. Thank you to my husband, who always reads my books and supports me no matter what. Thank you to all my family and friends who always congratulated me no matter how small the accomplishment seemed. Thank you to everyone who has supported me in my author journey and has read my books!


Comments

Popular Posts