Before and After

Every tale begins with a spark—an idea that piques the reader's interest. In this blog, I'll take you behind the scenes of my writing process and reveal how I turn a basic idea into a full-fledged story. You'll uncover the chemistry of creation that makes the writing experience so exciting, from inspiration to brainstorming.

I have to be honest and say I find much of my inspiration through an app called Pinterest. It has been the source of inspiration for many chapters of my previous books. I like to look at writing tips, as well as photos of scenes and characters that I like to describe. Another place I find inspiration is in my own past. I think about all that I have gone through, and also that I have witnessed other people going through. I have gained quite a bit of material from taking personal experiences and twisting them into a story. 

I don't think I'm like many authors, who like to write notes down and write an outline of a story. I rather like to dive in and see where my writing takes me. Once I find my inspiration, I quickly take it to my computer and begin to type up whatever comes to mind. Sometimes I come across writer's block, and it's occasionally taken me months in order to come back to my story and continue to write. 

After I type out my entire book, I usually stop, either to start another story or to take a break from writing. I like a break every now and then to get my head out of my writing perspective and into the real world. Then, I come back and begin to revise the story. When I take a break, I often come back with new ideas for my book, and I change it up until I like it. It's taken me months of revising in order to love the book that I've written.

Remember that inspiration does not always strike when you least expect it. But if you stay interested, persistent, and open to the world around you, you'll eventually come across the idea that will light your creative fire. The hunt for the right book concept is a very personal and one-of-a-kind experience. It's a thrilling adventure full of shocks, dead ends, and exciting discoveries. So, dear authors, embrace the quest, enjoy the process, and let the enchantment of creation lead you as you go on the amazing path of creating your next masterpiece. Good luck with your writing!

Comments

Popular Posts