Stuck on a Thought
Ever get stuck in a moment, and you keep thinking back to that moment all throughout the rest of your day? This happens to me a lot, especially when I'm writing. I get stuck on a chapter that I write, or a paragraph, or even a sentence. This usually happens when I make a character say something that sticks out to me. I love these little moments when I get fixed on a thought that I wrote in a book because I feel almost in my stories, and I feel the emotions my characters feel.
Just a little while ago I was just staring at my computer, stuck in the middle of my book, and wondering what to write down next. I took a quick break, grabbed some hot cocoa, and sat back down, ready to write again. But no words came, I just stared at the screen. Eventually, I found the right words to say and I jumped right back into writing. Now, as I think back to that time that I was stuck, it struck me as a special moment. Why, you may ask, was this special? Because to me it gave me time to reflect on what I was really doing with my time, and if this book was really worth it. Have I been using the gift God gave me wisely? Is my writing enough? Is it portraying what I really want to say? I believe that I have a gift in writing, and I've taken that gift to write books, as well as blogs such as this one. Also in my books, I like to mention God and church. It's enough for the reader to see that Christianity is a part of my life. I want God to show through me, in my writing and in my life. Being stuck in that one moment helped me think about what I was really doing, and if what I was doing was right.
Now, some words to think about. This Sunday at church my pastor talked about gifts. Everybody has a special gift that God has given just to us, and no one is exactly like us. No one can do the things we do because we are special. My points is: being stuck in a moment can be a good thing, a great thing actually. If it's in the middle of homework, a job, or writing a book like me, it gives time to reflect on what you are doing is the right thing to do, and if you are using your God given gift wisely.
Comments
Post a Comment